You need to know how to charge Whoop 4.0 without a battery pack for multiple reasons. If the Whoop battery is damaged or you left the pack at home, you are inclined to find an alternative to charge the Whoop 4.0 fitness band without a battery pack.
The Whoop 4.0 is a rechargeable fitness band powered through battery packs; the batteries power the fitness band by storing the electrical energy when plugged. The batteries supply the necessary power for the Whoop 4.0, but what if the battery pack is removed? Thus, in this article, we are going to explore the answers to how to charge Whoop 4.0 without a battery pack. Hence, read the article until the end to find the complete guide to charge the Whoop 4.0 without a battery pack.
Can you Charge Whoop 4.0 without a Battery Pack?
It is generally impossible to charge the Whoop 4.0 without a battery pack because the batteries are the primary energy source to keep your fitness bands powered.
The whoop batteries will store the electrical energy when plugged in and supply the stored electrical energy throughout the use.
Once the battery pack is removed from the Whoop 4.0, your fitness band will no longer turn on or power. Thus, you will not be able to use the Whoop 4.0 fitness band without a battery pack because the battery pack is the primary source of energy to power the Whoop 4.0 fitness band.
What is a Whoop Battery Pack?
As stated previously, the Whoop battery pack is one of the essential components in the fitness band because it supplies the necessary energy to power the Whoop 4.0.
The Whoop 4.0 has an IP68 dustproof and water-resistant battery pack that can withstand up to 1 meter deep for approximately 2 hours. Thus, it is excellent to wear the Whoop 4.0 even while swimming.
The battery pack has an impressive performance because they last up to 5 days after being fully charged.
How to Charge Whoop 4.0 without a Battery Pack?
Charging the 4.0 without a battery pack is impossible because the fitness band has no power unit to store the electrical energy.
The battery pack is the primary energy source that powers the Whoop fitness band throughout the day. But if the battery pack is not present in the Whoop 40, you are in big trouble, but if you are considering a way to power the Whoop 4.0 fitness band, you can try connecting it via a USB cable and check if the LED ignites in the battery pack.
If the LED does light up, it is a sign that your Whoop 4.0 battery pack is failing. Thus, according to the article, there is no alternative to charge the Whoop 4.0 fitness band without a battery pack, and the only option is to put in a new battery pack for your Whoop 4.0.
How Long does Whoop Last without a Battery Pack?
If the battery pack in your Whoop fitness band starts failing or the LED bulbs stop igniting, there will be no charging on the display when plugged in.
When this happens, you might wonder how long a whoop lasts without a battery pack. Once the battery pack fails in the Whoop 4.0 fitness band, it will not let the user operate it because they can’t power it.
Thus, the Whoop will instantly turn off and lose power to run the Whoop 4.0 fitness band. You must plug the battery pack or replace a new one if damaged.
How to Protect the Whoop Battery Pack from Getting Damaged?
Though the Whoop 4.0 is a powerful battery pack with increased potential, it can get damaged and fail over time. But, following a few maintenance tips and how to protect the Whoop battery pack will help you increase the lifetime and efficiency of the Whoop 4.0 fitness band. Thus, below are some of the tips you can follow.
- Keep the battery packs dry because the whoop battery pack has a restricted limit to resist water.
- Use the original charger to charge the battery pack and ensure they are not overcharged or undercharged. It is ideal for charging the whoop battery pack once in three days.
- Do not expose the battery pack to extreme temperatures because it reduces the lifespan and can hinder the whoop’s performance.
- Unplug the whoop battery pack once fully charged, as it can result in overheating the battery pack if you leave it on the plug.
- Ensure to update the latest whoop software and firmware.
- Do not let the battery pack get in contact with showering gel or shampoos while showering, and prevent using harsh chemicals to clean the battery pack.
What Causes the Whoop Battery Pack to Fail?
There are multiple reasons for the whoop battery pack to fail; however, identifying the cause will help you prevent them in future. Thus, below are some of the potential reasons the battery pack is failing.
- Water damage
- Exposed to high temperatures
- Harsh chemicals or detergents.
What Can I Do When the Whooping Battery Pack is Lost or Damaged?
The only option to use your battery pack if it is lost or damaged is to replace it with a new one or repair the damaged battery pack. Ensure you purchase the correct battery compatible with your Whoop model, or take your Whoop strap when purchasing one. You can also find alternatives at home to fix a damaged battery pack by following the methods below.
- Plug the Whoop 4.0 battery pack into the charging cable properly.
- Since dust can collect inside the charging port, use a Q-tip or cotton bud to clean the dirt using rubbing alcohol.
- Ensure the outlet or adapter supplies the necessary current to charge the battery pack.
- Check for any potential damages in the cables, outlet or adapters.
- Though the battery pack is water resistant, there is only a specific limit the battery pack can withstand. Thus, potential water damage in the battery pack and use an air blower to dry the battery pack.
Watch this one,
Video Credits – WHOOP
You May Also Like
- Fitbit Charge 5 vs Whoop 4.0 – Which Fitness Tracker Reigns Supreme?
- Exploring the Best Whoop Alternatives for Fitness Tracking
- Does Whoop Come Charged? Battery Life Unveiled!